Thinking about life in general. I must admit I have lived a very sheltered protected life. No ordinary life, thanks to my parents, I have always had all that I wanted except 1 thing. And it’s as if that one thing lacking sometimes stops me from appreciating all that I did get. And today, (kaam dhaam nahi hai…khali dimak shaitan ka ghar!) I doing what I usually do at the end of the year, that is, reflect on the year that has gone by. It’s a ritual, every 30 or 31 of dec I take out my journal and list all the things that I had thought of accomplishing in the beginning of the year and see if anything got accomplished. Its not even accomplishments but sometimes its just things I hope would happen.
So I remember last year I wanted some stability (financial/immigration/emotional). I wanted to be a stronger person. And the year began on a very promising note. Things were moving towards that direction. In the first week I got my permanent rez status. It was one huge sigh of relief. Then in end I got a full time permanent job.
Now the only thing left was someone to share it with. That was a bit un-usual. I in Feb or March, that happened, I found something else to depress myself about! That lasted for about 3 months. And after that I felt this empowering experience. After hitting rock bottom, I picked up the pieces, and acknowledged that certain things are not in my hands. And that was so liberating.
Things have only grown better since. Overall, this year has been the good. Now if I could only win the lotto! I mean, there is always scope for improvement right?
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment