#1 Majorly pissed!
So I had taken a half day off today...had an appointment with my doc. Since it was at mid morning, I took my own sweet time getting dressed and all. Red top and jewellery (Yeah to work, what was I thinking!)
I am on the escalator, when this guy steps up beside me and says "Hi" me being a friendly person smiled. "Are you Sri lankan" This was the millionth time I have been asked if I am "India/Srilankan/Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Guyanes/Trinadadian/Afgani and even Persian". I don't answer that question anymore!
The guy is a pervert...and I knew it. He boarded the same friggin bus that I had to go on. And take the seat right opposite me. All the team he kept asking the time, the next bus stop etc. I took out my ipod and closed my eyes. And imagined if I could give him one tight slap across the face! (Just so that you know, I have never as much as raised my hand on anyone!)
By now he had found another girl to bug...and and from the looks of it she was about to slap him.
#2 Whaaat!!!
I am in the waiting room of my doc (He is the awesomest guy in Toronto, No seriously he is a great guy, more like family friend (Dad's friend). So I am waiting and thinking, did I really need to see the doc, it was just a minor ulcer in my throat which had by now disappeared. He comes in shakes my hand, asks about Dad and then what bring me there. I tell him the issue. He looks and there is no trace of the said problem. "You've lost some weight beta" I smile. "I am trying doc"
I kind of feel silly now. During the examination, I mention that doc, things are finally falling into place and I don't want to take any chances.
He smiles.
Doc: "Can I ask you a personal question"
I am thinking, this guy knows every detail of my personal life what question can he ask.
Doc: "Have you kissed anyone in the last two weeks"
My brown face is now deep red.
Doc: "I asked because what you have is a related to that!"
He didn't wait for an answer. And told me there is nothing to worry about. Its not Cancer.
(Sigh of relief!)
We wish each other happy diwali and I contemplate taking a sick day...but there is so much work that the guilt got the better of me and I head to work.
#3 No not again!
Can you believe my luck that the pervert that I mentioned earlier is waiting on the bus stop for the same bus that I need to take!
"Hi" darn he even remembers me!
I hail a cab...to the nearest subway.
# 4 Seriously?
I get to work and my boss has a pile of work for me. "Can you get this done vi?"
Boss: "You had a docs appointment...everything ok?"
"Yup everything is fine"
A few (ok 2) collegues mention that I look nice today...(Thank you lancome!)
I am thinking, do I really look so bad the rest of the days. Come to think of it, it was the first time that I wore makeup (foundation/powder) to this workplace.
My collegues take a gibe, "oh come on you...you went to the doc? or somewhere else"
Had to put in an extra hour and a half to catch up on the work. Long day!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
lolz...so u kissed that guy in the bus...My my...:P
Vi kissed a guy!!!!
Vi kissed a guy!!!!
Ok I need to grow up soon!
So planned your holidays? I did!
And you still not planned?
Aati kya Amsterdam.
Khayenge Peeyenge, nachenge Gaayenge aise karenge. Aur kya?
Hope you feel good now with the Ulcer gone!
Punds
vi and .... sitting in a tree...
k-i-s-s-i-n-g....
it has to be sung in a sing a song way...
What are you guys upto...tainting my image like that...the doc and you guys are running to conclusions.
Gi if you were here, you would definately get a kick and a pan on your head...LOL
Punds, It was the dentist visit that caused the issue I think.
Nandu ji out of hiding to comment on something like this :))
vi
HAha !! quiet a day !
Cheti :)
Have a happy diwali folks.
Heh kewl turn of events.
Happy Diwali :)
Hi flower,
Happy diwali to you too!
vi
LOL yeah Tushar, a stich in time saves nine (lives?)
Thanks for the diwali wishes and right back at ya!
So how come I don't see your blog anymore?
vi
oh ok...followed the link you provided...now I remember I had commented on a post of yours which was about wife Sweta...
I have such a sharp memory :))
vi
There was a young Indian Miss
Who was accused of enjoying a kiss
by none other than her doc
who it seems knew how to mock
which certainly made her seethe and hiss......
-----------------------------------
Hows that for a limerick? Chalega?
The fifth line became a bit lamba. But I am sure that vi is gonna like it..
Tushar, yup did visit your blog! Nice poetry!
Dev K.
Lol, wow a limerick! Bilkul chalega!
Post a Comment