Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Blogger Friends - How we met!

When I started blogging about 1.5 years ago, I didn't know I would still be doing this after 1.5 years! (Wow, what wisdom! LOL) But looking back its been a fun ride...thanks to my "regulars" and this blog is dedicated to them :)

Alphabetically

Aria...was flower-fist-bestial-wail at Sulekha. Her blogs were very entertaining, and people's reaction to her blogs was almost equally entertaining;) Her writing is no ordinary writing and I always enjoyed her blogs...She kind of reminded me of Delhi because Delhi was mentioned off and on in her blogs. From what I know about her through her blogs she is really cool! She moved to blogspot and since we have kept in touch on blogs and once in a blue moon chats/emails

Ginko was Gi at Sulekha and he wrote these blogs about traveling in public transport in US, I could so identify with his blogs. Needless to say he is a major flirt...and always managed to tease me...but that has changed since he found the love of his life Aish...and now he is married :) I wish him and Aish a very happy married life! We keep in touch through im...And he never did send me the invite (you don't need the address for that GI, a virtual one would have been enough!)

Nandu...was gopeenandu at Sulekha. He had posted some light hearted comments on my blog over at sulekha and he was always very charming and the fact he had a snake as pet kind of made him stand out. Once he sent me an invite to the "group" @ Sulekha, since the email had his full name, curiosity got the better of me and I ended up googling him. Little did I know what a sneaky fellow (Joking Hon) he is -he found out that someone in Toronto visited his website and asked me if it was me...I said yes... Nandu is the first one among bloggers to see my pic abiet an old one ;) I just love Nandu's sense of humor. He evokes an image of being a chubby cheeked kid with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.....and yes, he calls me "Didi".

Punds
I was familiar with punds from Suleka. But we didn't interact much there. I think it was beginning of this year that we began visiting each others blog regularly. What I particularly like about Punds is his sensitivity and the heart of gold. And also his short stories. And I must admit, his love for "her" is something I can relate to...

And of course there are the occasional visitors like Jeenu, Rays of Sun, Cheti, Parikarma, Priyamvada, Priya Sivan, Dev Kumar, Sumeet, Oz and most recently Tushar...

All of the bloggers are such interesting people...and its because of that that 1.5 years is going to continue to ...hmm don't know how many years!

15 comments:

Dev said...

Hi vi.. call it synchronicity ... just a few hours ago I was thinking of posting an entry in my sulekha blog about 'those who used to blog at sulekha'... as far as how long one will blog i would say 'cogito ergo blog' (I think therefore I blog) - with due apologies to Descartes... :)))) more power to your kalam

Full2 Faltu said...

Finally!

Was waiting for this post because I wanted to know what nice nice things you write about me. Agar nahi likhti toh......

I agree with you. Aria's writing is very extraordinary. I mean how can she think things like that. I have to read it twice and thrice to understand what she means and still I don't understand anything.

But then its me. I did not understand "Dafodils" in school and I was supposed to know that?

There are a lot more who visit!

Goody goody! I have a heart of gold. :)

-Punds

Nandya said...

Nandu has the biggest paragraph....:)))

makes nandu very happy....!!!!!!!

:D

ha ha ha ha ha

aria said...

Sometimes I miss Sulekha .. I mean the comments .. hehe
it can never be the same here . .that "love and hate" .. those virtual wars ..
but thats ok .. I think I'm getting old and don't have that much time to follow the verbatim & respond accordingly.
Thankfully most sensible ones still drop by on this blogsite.
Anyway.. it was a cool write-up .. and took me back to "those" times ..

I didn't know Gi got married :O

My writings are extraordinary .. sigh..

LOL Punds .. I hope Vi understands - what I write :( [gosh .. I should stop experimenting with my horrible poems ..]

vi said...

Dev Kumar,
Interesting! I will check Sulekha for it...

Punds
Nahi likhte toh...
Toh kya???? Bata bata...lol

Nandu,
As long as it made you happy i'm happy!

Flower,
I don't miss it anymore...I get over (most) things pretty quickly. But they were good times while they lasted.
Yup vi understands most of them, and no, do keep experimenting!
I didn't know Gi got married :O
On its on the 27 I keep confusing his wedding to his leaving for India! (its on his blog!)

Full2 Faltu said...

Vi

Kya karta? Kya karta?

Kuch nahi!

Aria
You should not take me seriously. Apun ka English jara weak hai na. My reader correct spelling mistakes in my blog. How pathetic one can get? Was reading your latest one. If 14 people can understand it then it must be good. I understand it kuch kuch!

-Punds

parikrama said...

Thanx for the hon'ble mention :-)

p.s. : We did manage to find a decent apartment in a chic & happening neighbourhood. Not bad considering our poor credentials. Whats more, I got what I always longed for, High Floor!! This one is on 22nd floor, can't wait to move in :-)

vi said...

Punds...thats what I thought ;)

Congrats Parikarma! 22 floor cool!

sumeet said...

Ahem...Sumeet..wow feels good...Now i will make it a habit to visit your blog eachday everyday..lekin u shudnt be removing your posts beta!!! Lol!!Does anyone know Vi's real name? I know i know...she accidently slipped that on out radio show once..yaad aaya kuch vi?

vi said...

Haan yaad hai..LOL

vi

Rajavel said...

whoa ! 1.5 years !!

Great Mile stone VI ... keep going !

Priyamvada_K said...

Vi,
Thanks for the mention. And LOL@Gopeenandu's snake pet.

Gi is married?! Hey, didn't even know that...

Gi and Aish, if you're reading this - congratz! Where's my treat?

Priya.

vi said...

Hi Priya,
Of course you had to be mentioned :)
Yup, Gi is now married! Thanks for the idea, I should get a treat too!

vi

Ginkgo said...

aha..how nice:-)

and I see u did that alphabetically..

smart eh:P

Priya Sivan said...

Vi..I am into blogspot after nearly a month and trying to catch up with the posts and what do I see here? My name mentioned! Thks a lot :) And no doubt it is thrilling to meet bloggers whom we have been interacting without seeing their faces, like how I met Maria :)