Saturday, April 15, 2006

One idea, many stories, vi's version.

Continued from Here

She didn't expect him to call while on his business trip but there was still some sort of wait. May be its not that bad an idea to meet him. She had yet to see him in person or in pictures. But it didn't really matter. She knew how superficial looks were. But still she wondered, what would he be like, tall dark and handsome, or someone like Shekar Kapoor, intellectual, bearded and cute!

She received an almost affectionate email from him from Vienna.

Hi Mita,

I arrived here two days ago, most of the time I was busy with the work but today I had some time and I went sight seeing. Vienna is such a beautiful city...I wish there was someone to share all this beauty with (may be next time).

How are you doing? I will call you Thursday...say 9.PM your time!

Haven't even met you but somehow missed you today.

Vivek

The call:

V: "Hi Mita"
M:"Hi Vivek"
V: "Just got back"
"Great. How was it?"
V: "It was good...just a little lonely. In your own city its different but outside feels alienated"
"I know what you mean"
V: "So what else!"
"Nothing much"
V: "How is Nidhi?"
"She is good. Talked to her just a couple of days ago"
V: "I have a Didi...well we are not related but very close family friends in your city"
"Really? Interesting"
V: "Yes, in fact still sends me Rakhis"
"Nice"
V: "She has invited me to your city...may be this time I will take her up on it"
"Anything special this time?"
V: "Yes" (Laughs)
"Interesting"
V: "It is. May be I would get to meet you"
"Yes, that would be good!"
V: "You haven't even seen me have you?"
"No, not yet"
V: "I mean in pictures"
"No, not even in pictures"
V: "Aren't you curious?"
"I am"
V: "Let me send you one from the ones I took in Vienna"
"Great"

That was 3 months ago. 100 calls, 57 emails dozens of e-cards and regular chats later, she was absolutely in love with him. He seemed to be very fond of her too. Mita couldn't wait for him to come to Vancouver. He lived in Atlanta. He was planing to come to Vancouver for 4 days.

His flight would arrive in half an hour- she was waiting for him at the airport. She checked herself in the mirror. She didn't want to look too anxious or too eager to meet him but she was both.

Finally his flight landed. She recognized him instantly. After a bit of hesitation, they were talking like they always did on the phone.

He had made reservations at one of the downtown hotels. After dinner she dropped him off.

He called her late at night hoping to leave a message but she picked up the phone.

"Still up?"
"About to sleep", she lied. "Everything ok?"
"Yes, just wanted to tell you I had a wonderful time."
"Me too"
"I will visit my Di tomorrow morning and evening is all yours"
"Great! Look forward to it"
“When are we visiting Nidhi?”
“Up to you.”
"Whenever you want is fine with me"
"It’s a 3 hours drive, how about Sunday?”
“Sunday sounds good”

She met him at the Chinese garden at 4 the next day. They walked hand in hand in the garden...but he was quieter today.

"Is something bothering you?"
"No"
"Sure?"
He smiled.
"It’s my Di, she is such a strong woman, and an extremely nice one too!"
"Everything ok with her"
"Yes. She has gone through a lot", he managed a smile.
"You seem to be very close to her"
"I am. As a child, she pampered me a lot. They were our neighbors for about 8 years."

He got a call from her on his phone.

"Di, I promised her I will spend the evening with her...Ok will try"
He put his hand on the phone.
"She is calling us for dinner. Would you like to?", he asked Mita
"If you would like to go then sure"
"Awesome"
He continued on the phone. "Yes, Di we will be there at 8.00"

They spent the rest enjoying each others company. Went to Mita's place so that she could change into something more traditional...a sari perhaps. She wanted to make the right impression on anyone who was important to Vivek.

They drove to this new part of Vancouver. She was a bit nervous. He assured her, "They will love you...just like I do"
She smiled.
He knocked on the door.
His Di opened the door, standing behind her was Shalesh.
Mita still felt the sting of the slap, which she had received from her the last time she met her.

10 comments:

aria said...

Ohh my gawd! Poor Mita ..
Kahaani mein twist .. tht was some turn .. wasn't expecting something of this sort at all. Very very nteresting .. can't wait for the next part .. sigh ..

Nandya said...

lagta hai VI ne bahut jhapad khaya hai....ha ha ha ha....u housebreaker....


good twist...eh!!!

jeenu said...

oh wow
shocker yaar..i almost felt like i got slapped :D
nice going ..waiting for more drama :)
cheers
jeenu

vi said...

Flower, thanks :)
LOL@ Kahani mein twist hai!
I am done, Hon!

Nandu Honey,
ROFL @ lagta hai VI ne bahut jhapad khaya hai and :O @ housebreaker!
Thanks, glad my only honest critique found the twist "good"

Jeenu girlie!
Sorry for having felt like getting a slap Hehehehe (don't know how to put it!)
As I said, I am done!

Thanks for reading folks :)

vi

Nandya said...

what do u mean u re done....

kahani....the end!!!.....


hmmm....actually good it adds a nice touch to the end...excellent job...the last part was the appropriate finale....

aria said...

ROTFL @ Nandu's first comment!!

Vi story khatam ho gayi . .aww ..
waise it was a great way to end .. to keep the readers guessing - wht might follow .. but I really wanted it to continue ..

Great work Vi .. I think this was one of your best stories so far. Hope you gonna churn more of these kind ..

jeenu said...

Awww Vi
i want to know what happened next.....
jeenu

vi said...

Oh Nandya...finally! You liked it ;)
:D Thanks!

Thanks Flower,
My best so far eh? Thanks girl!
My personal fav is vineeta-vishal saga!

Jeenu, Thanks for the support girl!
Hmmm, will leave that to your imagination girl ;)

vi

Full2 Faltu said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Now I get it.

Great! Sochne par majboor karte ho!

Good one!

Came back after a long weekend and see the story completed.

A real twister. A dark one though! Thought you liked happy stories?

Punds

vi said...

Punds,
Thanks...yes I like happy stories but you beat me to that!
And then nandya challenged me...in his words
...bcoz having reads punds story...there is not much anticipation left....
but u seem to be stretching the wafer thin plot here

So, had to come up with something dark!

vi
P.S. How was the trip?