Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's ok dad!

Last night talked to my parents...Friday nights are call home nights!
Like every week dad would say three lines...Kaise hai beta..Saab theek hai na? Kuch chahiye? Paise Behjon? My answer is always...Theek hoon Dad, nahi kuch nahi chahiye.
(I have been working for quite sometime now...but to my dad I am still his little girl! And he still gives me money when he comes to visit Toronto...what with my ziid of not going to India until one of the two things happen)

But yesterday there was something in his voice...something that kept me awake all night...he was telling me about this aquaintance of mine she had a baby yesterday...and I could sense the guilt in his voice, and his first attempt to tell me to do something about myself! I know he thinks too much about me...my mom is very vocal about things, she will tell me how worried she is for me, and does all the emotional drama (sometimes even emotional blackmail) but Dad never said anything and never showed any signs but yesterday when his voice cracked...my heart just broke...I wish I could re-assure him that its Ok daddy...I will be fine!

8 comments:

Full2 Faltu said...

Its Ok Vi

He will be fine. Call him and say it to him.

He likes to know that that his little girl loves him very much.

And hey girl! You know he will care and love you no matter how happy you are. Dads are always like that

Take care!

Punds

Full2 Faltu said...

And sorry I forgot

I hope you have a smile on your face now!

You dad loves that you know!

And we all do too!

Keep Smiling and take care!

Punds

Nandya said...

Hi Vi.......lots of love and lots of hugs your way from nandu....

take care....

vi said...

Hi Punds and Nandu,
Thank you guys...makes me feel better to know I have wonderful friends like you!

vi

aria said...

Emotional blackmail .. :( my mom does it all the time too! Things like - if we die who gonna take care of you . .blah blah .. it happened yesterday as well ..when she kept crying crying crying ..

Anyways ..parents gonna be the same .. they are always worried for something or the other ..
Hope you're feeling better. I really know how it feels when they do this ..
Don't worry be happy ..
And yes you gonna be fine :)

vi said...

Hi Girl,
Thanks...yup I guess you do know! That is exactly my mom's line :(
I guess you are right...its part of the job-description of being a parent-worry!!


vi

jeenu said...

hey Vi
i can understand what u feel gal..mom's are always very expressive but dad's dont say things out like that and sometimes when we see them emotional it somehow hurts more than anything else
cheer up gal iam sure u r dad knows that u are gonna be fine..
take care
jeenu

vi said...

Thanks Jeenu!
You are absolutely right!

vi