Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Farewell

So march 31...my last day at --. It was also xyz last day at --.
He has worked there for 5 years...and he is very popular.... There was a cake cutting ceremony esp. for him. I forgot the time so by the time i heard the cheers it was already crowded. So i stood at the back listening to him talk about his time there...etc etc and the simultaneous going of at least 40 camra clicks when he cut the cake...he thanked everyone...through it all he saw me...standing at the back...and gestured to come to him. I nodded and he put his arms out...so i walked passed the crowd and went to him...and very naturally a hug followed. In front of everyone...And before I realised everyone's eyes were on me...or at least thats the feeling i got...
People hung around for about 20 minutes xyz opened his present and thanked everyone...then he started to cry...and got really emotional...told everyone thanks...please go back to work now...everyone dispersed some with tears in their eyes...I went back and told him, I want a pic with you...he said sure. So A took our pic, then P called everyone and we took a pic with everyone. Then I went back to my cubicle...thought about how nice xyz had been to me....went to shops downstair and got him something I know he is fond of...I was going to his office and he was on his way out...so i said "My thank you note"
"For what hon?"
"For everything you've done for me"
"What is it?"
Its nothing just a note of thanks
He began to open it and I protested
"Don't open it here"
"Why not...whats in it?"
"Nothing"
"Ok lets go to the meeting room...you and me"
"No xyz"
He was opening the envelop again
"Please!"
"Ok but if it has something I am going to track you down at your new work place" he joked.

After work we went to this resturant. We went in the subway...it was fun.
I asked him are you sad?
"A little"
I didn't want to be clinging to him to much.
At resturant people busied themselves with beer and food...both of which I could not participate in...so in an hour or so decided to go home. I didn't want to say bye so decided to slip out but it didn't work with y and xyz. They came down to see me off...with a promise to keep in touch and hugs to last a life time we bid farewell....



8 comments:

Full2 Faltu said...

ummmmm Vi

Something going on which we ought to know? Or we should not know? or we will know?

I don't know what I am talking about?

Farewells are so emotional moments!

Punds

jeenu said...

hey Vi
interesting Girlie...how does xyz compare to" vishal" :D
cheers
jeenu

vi said...

lol punds...yes it not even a week and i am already missing them!
farewells are definetely emotional...:(

Jeenu hon,
No one compares to Vishal...but i must admit xyz is a close third ;)

vi

Ginkgo said...

ah I am second eh..:-)

jeenu said...

hey Vi
so who is 2 nd ( dont say Gi i will faint..Hehehehe)
cheers
jeenu

aria said...

Aww vi .. touching ..
Hope the new workplace is fun n you are adjusting well.

vi said...

Gi hon but of course :)...(Jeenu don't faint yaar! :))
Jeenu dear, Come to think of it don't know why I said close third...:-/ close second is more like it ;)
Hi Flower,
Thanks hon...yeah trying to adjust...of course I knew xyz jaisa koi ho nahi sakta...:)

vi

vi said...

btw,
So no one has the song that I wanted?