It's difficult to explain. Lets say, there are certain things that are discomfortable - for example some cloths or shoes whatever - but you wear them because everyone does, its the thing to do. Its the same with life you do certain things because everyone does it...go to school, go to college, find a job, find a husband/wife (even a lousy one would do just so that everyone would get off your case).
But again its a mind game - if you want to give it importance it is important if you don't, no big deal...another girly example? Like a women who wears makeup every single day would hesitate to go to say a mall (where she doesn't know anyone) without make up thinking she wouldn't look attractive enough (as if anyone really gives a damn!). Its all in the mind! Ok I am confused here...I use to be good at this stuff when I was in school...seems like I have lost my touch...
One shouldn't have to make Compromises! But I still see myself making them at every step of the way...reminds me of a song from a film a friend and I recently discussed...
Yeh Jeevan Hai, Is Jeevan Ka
Yahi Hai - Yahi Hai - Yahi Hai Rang-roop
Thode Ghum Hain, Thodi Khushiyan
Yahi Hai - Yahi Hai - Yahi Hai Chaon Dhoop
Yeh Jeevan Hai...
Yeh Na Socho Isme Apni Haar Hai Ke Jeet Hai
Ise Apna Lo Jo Bhi Jeevan Ki Reet Hai
Yeh Zid Chodo, Bandhan Yuh Na Todo
Har Pal Ek Darpan Hai
Yeh Jeevan Hai...
4 comments:
I guess as one grows older.. the compromises become more of a norm than exception.. So if u really want to go against the grain.. u got to do it early in your life, when the harmones are still raging & when u are yet to be weighed down by responsibilities.
Okay i can't come up with anything more profound than that :) Now from the sublime I will change tracks to downright ridiculous. Today I am using lines from songs to aid my comments.. Ur post made me hum a song from the movie "Khoobsoorat" (Hope I got the name of the movie right.. too lazy to google to verify) anyways naam mein kyaa rakkha hein.. the song goes something like this..
"Saare Neeyam Tod Do.. Neeyam Pe Chalnaaa Chodh Do..
Inquilaab ZindaaaBaaad.. Inquilaab ZindaaaBaaad.."
So next time when U are in a fix about whether to follow the rulebook or to shred it to pieces..U can just hum these lines silently & get the adranaline flowing .. Wot sayz ?
Hey thanx for dropping by @ my almost dead blog!! I am not a prolific blogger so U won't see daily/weekly updates. I have made compromise with most aspects of my life, so really have nothing much to whine about these days :)
About U mistaking me for someone from Sulekha.. Hmmmmm I doubt whether our paths crossed there.. Yu are/were amongst the young guns I guess, while I belong to the old batch of Sulekha bloggers.In anycase I have always been more of a commentator than a blogger. And Parikrama is my post Sulekha avtaar.. In my earlier life I was 'India Whining'
And yes.. I did love God Of Small Things.. Although I don't remember the plot per se (read it ages back).. But i do remember being captivated by Arundhati Roy's lucid writing style.. she is very vivid & visual with her words. Besides I was enamored by Ms. Roy's smoky looks (it had her pic on the backcover) aswell ;-)
My sister used to say - you get only one life so why make compromises... this dialogue stayed with me. Though we all make compromises every now n then .. sometimes forcibly. I could never have a set rule for my own life - have just lived on impulse so far. I dunno whts gonna be my take if I'm in truely challenging situation .. but guess as long as the compromises are not too unsettleing and one doesnt compromise his/her dignity .. n its for the good of everyone - primarily for one's own good .. it can be assessed .. not sure really .. but it has made me think ..
hey Vi
i guess we all make compromises in life but what i think matters is what your are compromising..and for who u are doing it and whether it is for best or worse :D
cheers
jeenu
Thanks Parikarma,
I reached your blog via punds he has you as "India Whining" thats why said you sounded familiar...
Yes, I remember that song...(picturised on Rekha I think)
Now I get why "God of small things" was popular...Ms. Roy's smoky looks...no wonder I didn't like the book :))
Flower,
but guess as long as the compromises are not too unsettleing and one doesnt compromise his/her dignity...
hmmm, true :) As long as it does not compromise one's dignity...
Jeenu,
what i think matters is what your are compromising
Don't know somehow those words struck me...
vi
Post a Comment