Monday, June 04, 2007

For T

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

We all have some people in our lives that we can count on...mostly its family...occasionally its friends. I don't claim to have many, but among the onces I do, T has a place no one else does. It was sometime last year that she called me, and from the sound of my voice realized I was feeling down. I remember her attempts to cheer me up...great new job, independent, young, etc but it didn't work...I had freshly realised people did not see me the way I saw myself. Not many people see you the true you but some make the effort...(and in return I can only give her my friendship and well wishes)

T knows me extremely well...she knows me since 2000...7 years! She knows D's family for generations. She told D about me. She told D's family about me...and when they were convinced she told me about D. I was skeptical, but I knew T wouldn't bring up anything casually she must have a pretty good reason to introduce us (and she did!)

So it was her in her mind that D and I first met. Through this post I just want to say thanks T for everything...first for being a wonderful friend and more recently for bringing D into my life.

5 comments:

aria said...

Certainly she is a special friend.. :) I know what friendship means esp coz I see myself lacking in that department. Hope it keeps getting stronger. Quite an emotional post again Vi ..

vi said...

Hi Flower,
She is :)

btw, check out the new links to blogs

vi

aria said...

Vi .. yup. I occupy the first 2 spots .. thank you! Btw I wanted to ask .. it's been a long time you haven't any poem .. how about one on 'D'? :D

vi said...

Hi Flower,
:) one on D?...I have many on D the thing is they are a bit personal ;)...thodi sharm aati hai...hehehe ;))

vi

aria said...

hehe ok! won't persist if you aren't comfy :) try posting koi general type ki poem ..