Monday, June 11, 2007

A bunch of things

The other day, the topic at lunch was "how we met" stories. So everyone had a fasinating story of how they met their spouse, most claimed to have "known the minute they met" but not necessarily love at first sight (?) that was kind of fasinating.
So when it came to me...I just said "It was an arranged marriage" and it was almost end of lunch time...sure enough everyone wanted to know all about! Arranged marriage fasinates these folks so much! Mostly questions around "how do you know if he is right for you?" My answer, well most of you claimed to know the minute you met them, and secondly, do you really know people when you say you know them (I have been wrong plenty of times in that department)...

Your thoughts?
And any interesting "How we met stories"?

6 comments:

Full2 Faltu said...

Oh! I have many "How me met" stories but then I also have the "How they met others" story too and then we said bye-bye story too. :)

So Vi! How did you meet? Arranged marriage main bhi mile toh honge pehli baar, even though virtually

-Punds

aria said...

I met half of my exes in U-special buses... some were "introduced" by compassionate friends who pitied my single status ..recently had few online crushes (to be crushed before they culminated into another blunder) and I'm 100 per cent consistent in one department .. when I'm sure I know a man .. they have to be the opposite of what I had thought ..

vi said...

:)) Punds, well what are you waiting for tell us those stories :) How I met Vishal is much more interesting ;)(Hope D is not reading this :))...in D's case it was like we knew where this was going...

Flower,
hehe, U special...brought back memories although I travelled in them for less then 4 months :)
@"introduced" by compassionate friends...thats what friends are for ;)
when I'm sure I know a man .. they have to be the opposite of what I had thought
I hear ya!

Rajavel said...

I met my wife first time on a stage in front of about 500 relatives - to exchange engagement rings.

Thats Arranged marriage for you ! And you ! And you and you and you !

vi said...

Cheti..
ROFL...oh yeah thats an arranged marriage alright :)
Wow thats impressive...not even one "dekho" before the whole thing?

vi

Rajavel said...

One dekho se kya hoga ? It should be either all the way - take up the challenge and decide for yourself - or delegate !

Once delegated no bickering ! One has to give in totally !

PS: I did a get a photo !