A few weeks back I bought this really cute top.
I tried it on in the store it was loose but I was sold on the color and texture...it complemented my skin tone, and it felt good on the skin...so I shelled out $75 + Tax for it.
A few friends from my previous work place decided to meet for coffee/and or drinks after work...I thought of wearing my new top. I took it to work after work re-did my make-up and put on my new top. I was so excited that I even wore dangling earings...a rare-ity for me!
At the meet I got quite a few looks...I thought they were looks of admiration** But something wasn't quite right...it was mostly the women looking...made me kind of uneasy...finally mustered the courage to ask K if everything was ok? K was nice enough to tell me I was wearing one of those maternity cloths you can't imagine my embarrasment. Of course I didn't stay long after that...I don't think I will be meeting those people ever again.
It was on the regular shelves...how was I to know??
*and expensive by my standards at least
**Hello...the brown top...looks good on light brown skin
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
oh gosh! thats really embarassing u know...anway i am glad to pass by yr blog...a big hi to u...i am lalitha from Singapore
LOL Vi .. hilarious! Ok ok sorry I shouldn't laugh but this is kinda cracking me up.
Can you return or exchange it ? if not - save it for the time you really it! ;)
hey vi
hahahahaha..
well that thing happened to one of the gals here too..she went to Oldnavy to get some tops..mind u the gal had just then come from india and lo she saw on sale 2 tops for $10 , so she picked 4 tops and came.
after a week or so we had a desi get together and she came in that top and complained that it fits on the shoulder but not on waist and then finally one the dudes pointed out that she is wearing Maternity top..LOL
poor gal she had been teased about it ever since ..
Cheers
jeenu
Thanks Lalitha for passing by my blog :)
Flower...hanse le...
Can you return or exchange it
Couldn't find the receipt...means I have to keep it!
Jeenu...so I am not the only one eh?
Thanks for sharing and making me feel a wee bit better :)
vi
Yep, the brown top indeed looks good on light brown skin & it compliments Ur big brown eyes quite well too ;-) Awww too bad you have to wait couple of years more before you can actually wear it :)
I am having some problem opening the comments section of my blog, so won't be able to reply to Ur spam comment today :)
The closest i have ever come to something similar is when I went to shop for a pair of jeans.
Shopping always traumatizes me. The thing is I have very weird waist. It doesn't grows in wholesome integers. The fat usually adds up in fractions. In last couple of years my waist has grown from a modest 29 & 3/4th inch to a sizeable 31 & 1/2 inch.The odd half or 3 quarters of inch has always given me lots of heartache. Its so darn difficult to find a jeans which would do justice to my unique derriere. So there I was in a shopping mall slipping in & out of trial room in a frenzy. Damn, nothing fits. 31 inch - too tight.. 32 inch - bit loose. I finally stumble upon a pair which fits my bum quite snuggly. I am quite pleased looking at my own reflection in the trial room mirror. Triumphantly i walk towards the Cash Counter and pull out my wallet to pay.
Cashier : Are U sure U want to buy this ?
Me : Yes, why is there a problem ?
Cashier : Well there isn't, except that its a ladies jeans.
Me [ perspiring & turning a deep shade of crimson ] : Errr Umm Ahem.. I thought it was a uni-sex fit.
Needless to say, I left the shop empty handed cursing my luck & my funny bottom.
p.s. : Does this 2nd comment counts as a SPAM ? I hope not ;-)
rofl...u r quite a futuristic person..arent u Vi:P
Parikarma
@ first comment: Thanks :D a girl can never have too many compliments LOL
@ second comment: Hehehe...but at least she saved you from a lot of embarrasment
Gi,
There is no harming in being a futurist is there :P
vi
Post a Comment