In some parts of India there is a wedding ritual in which the bride brings the groom to her family shrine and shows gauri the groom she is responsible for bringing in the brides life...we don't have that ritual in my family but when I had read it long time ago (Anthropology course!) I found it very fasinating...so when I got married I wanted to show my husband to durga ma...the one to whom I always pray...so we went to Vaishnu Devi...
I couldn't have walked 14 KM, that too steep at most places...without D. Perhaps mata rani knew that I couldn't have climbed on my own (what with age (ok and weight!) catching up! )...that she sent D to help me! But I did go there on foot...with his help of course...
When we talked for the first time, I had asked him if he was religious and he said an honest "No" but for our honeymoon he took me to Vaishnu Devi because he knew it would mean soooo much to me...He mentioned that the most radiant he has ever seen me was in the bhavan after more then 8 hours of walking....
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow.. u went to Vaishnu Devi.. nice... i went there long time back with a frn.. .. n boy! it was a fun trip. walking all the way to the top.. the weather was amazin....
Nice custom @ gauri pooja. I think I've read something similar .. where .. I can't remember.
Haven't been to Vaishno Devi but have heard many stories about the place. When I'm taken to a temple .. I play amitabh of deewar .. I sit outside on the stairs .. hehe..
OOps .. I hope you won't mind me saying that .. :(
Apy
I went there before too...8 years ago ...it was much easier then :))
Flower,
LOL when you are taken and doing an Amitabh :))
Read you "wow" poem nice nice!!!
vi
May be you should gone to the nearby PAtni top too ..
Good to read something from you after long !
I have one more trip to Vaishnoo DEvi ! Lets see when it happens !
Love is in the air.
Although the post is about Vaishnav Devi visit and the age old custom. Yet one can't help notice the underlying emotion of love that you share with each other. Its overflowing in each word of yours.
Aria,
You can count on me to give you company on the stairs of the temple :) I never knew that being a borderline atheist could be so rewarding !
Vi
I agree with Parikrama. There is definitely love in the air!
And what happened to day2, 3, 4,....etc.
Aaisa latkane ka nahi!
-Punds
Cheti,
Why not more then one :-? Hope you get to go soon!
Parikarma,
:D
LOL at company on temple footsteps how romantic :) (Aria are you listening? ;)
Punds,
Hmmm, ok let me post more on that
Parikarma and Punds
:D I guess you are right :">
Well, no one has loved me as much as D has so...
He mentioned that the most radiant he has ever seen me was in the bhavan after more then 8 hours of walking....
That is so lovely, Vi! Sighs! :-)
Post a Comment