Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mamma Mia...here we?? go again!!

My mom is funny...she really is. Growing up she was so strict about certain things...family honor, modesty in a girl, and all that jazz was what she spoon fed me right from the begining. Boy-friends were a big no-no. I remember I was like really small and don't know from where I picked up this song from Razia Sultan...hai jalta hai badan...I didn't even know what was what but I was singing it and my mom gave me one tight slap across the face...
If I mentioned the name of any guy more then once I got to witness those big eyes...
She was always proud of her "sushil" daughters and believe me I was one. Never had a boy friend all throughout school not even a crush (ok salman khan but thats it).
Then I came to this country...

Anyway coming back to my mom, she has changed since the last few years...when she visited last time she was all ears when any of my men friends (colleauges and classmates) called and in fact encouraged me to be outgoing...now whenever I talk to her she pressurizes me to chase guys (ok..."Settle down" is how she puts it).

Funny how things change...

3 comments:

jeenu said...

hey Vi
are u trying to hint at something with the song..;)
lol
jeenu

Full2 Faltu said...

Ab kya lafda kiya tune?

U getting into trouble over something?

Punds

vi said...

Jeenu...no no :)) let me go change that...giving wrong ideas here...

Hi Punds...
I am not in that kind of trouble lol! but yes "..ve been losing sleep"

jeenu and i are witnessing the scorp effect...aren't we jeenu?

vi