Friday, February 10, 2006

live and learn!

I was running out of my fav lipstick...its been almost an year since I bought it! So I head to the lancome counter, take out my extensively used lipstick and ask the person.."Hi, I am looking for this shade" she takes it gives it a quick glance and says, "We don't make this any more!"
I go "NOOOOO!!! Really???"
she: "We have this new line..."
me: "I want exactly this colour and texture"
she: Lets try a few shall we?
me: quick glace at the watch...its my lunch time you see! Okay
She showed me about 10 lipsticks but nothing came close.
So we gave up!
she: You might want to try it at this place they might just have it from the last batch!
(So I am headed-atleast planned- there sometime soon)
Lesson learned if you like something get it...it might not be available for too long!

Another thing that I re-learned this week is that I should listen to my head...its there for a reason! I tend to make emotional decisions, and always regret them I remember for a few months and then I am back to being STUPID!
Lesson learned hopefully for good!

9 comments:

Full2 Faltu said...

So what happens when the last lipstick you get, gets over - you might get a better shade.

So the lesson learnt will be

Don't repent on something you did. Something better is going to come up.

Punds

Priya Sivan said...

Vi..As fashion changes, you get better products and better shades. We had only the red colour lipstick during our times :)full2 is right. Something better would surely come up.

Nandya said...

yes girl i think u should embrace the change...maybe u will look hotter than ever now ...eh!!

vi said...

Punds,
Unfortunately, you can't identify with not finding your fav lipstick! Let me try again...so you have a certain perfume that you wear everyday and one fine day that particular company says "we are not making that anymore" ab samhje mere situation?

Priya, Red eh! that makes me feel better.

Nandu-ji, refer to the first part of the comment...but thanks for the "may be" :)

vi

aria said...

Happenned to me too. Just 2 months back - with a different brand of course. The sales women said - tht shade is "out" - they don't manufacture it anymore n we tried few different shades. The one tht was closest I picked tht up but I still want my old shade. It suited me the best - who cares for fashion when it comes to - wht suits you the best. Most things change but some likings don't!

Bhole said...

Mera gheesa pita dialogue maarne ka waqt aa gaya hai ;)

Change is good :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Good luck finding that shade....

vi said...

Hi Flower,
Finally, someone who empathizes!
Bhole,
I knew you will say that :))
Well no luck yet :(

vi

Divya said...

Vi!!!

I totally understand this and my situations were usually with nail colors and foundation cream! Also with shoes (I know that is weird but I love my comfy shoes...)

Bhole,

Change is a must and we adapt but not by forgetting our past! We learn and we move on. :)

Have not been around for a while so loooads of catching up to do!

Love,
dooks

vi said...

Dooks Hon,
Ya long time!
So you understand :)
No foundation looks good on me (I look like a geisha in it LOL) so don't wear any! Have a fetish for lipsticks...can't live without them...bought three today...a little pickme up...after last weeks craziness :)

vi